Everyday Make Up


This post is mainly aimed at my make up for work throughout the week, then on weekends I like to mix it up a little and play with different products. I try to keep my every day make up as affordable as possible as I use these products a lot so they are easier to replace. I find that my make up for work is pretty minimal, to some it may seem like a lot, however it is definitely minimal to me without my lashes, eyeshadow and lippy!

Sleek Barekissed Illuminator - I like to start off my base using one of the Sleek liquid illuminators in the shade ‘Monaco’. I use this under my BB cream to give my face a glow. I apply it to the tops of my cheekbones, down my nose, and above my eyebrows. 




Garnier BB cream ‘Combination to oily skin’ - I use this BB cream every day without a doubt. I previously used the original version and did like it as it was very lightweight (for work I prefer this to a heavy foundation) however when I tried the oil free one I found it had that little bit more coverage I was after. This is now a must in my everyday make up routine and affordable so a winner all round!






Maybelline Eraser Eye Concealer - Firstly, lets start by saying this concealer is amaaaaazing! When I first used it I couldn’t believe I hadn’t tried it sooner! I use this to highlight and brighten under my eyes, down my nose, centre of my forehead and on my chin. This honestly works so perfectly for brightening especially under your eyes and it provides the perfect amount for coverage. I love that this concealer isn’t cakey at all or too heavy and it blends out beautifully, I always use a beauty blender to blend this out. 




Rimmel Stay Powder - I have used this powder for many years because it just works so well. Its affordable and does exactly what I want it to do. I use this everyday to set my whole face and It always sets my make up perfectly without being cakey and giving you that over the top powder look.  I find its such a lightweight powder but still keeps my base set throughout the day.





Loreal Super Liner Perfect Slim - Unfortunately I wasn’t blessed with the longest, perfectly curled lashes, in fact some days I wonder if theres any there at all. I find that by wearing winged eyeliner this helps. This Loreal liner is really good, its so slim and easy to use so for anyone like me who’s not exactly the queen of winged liner but loves a wing this is definitely one to try! 




Benefit Roller Lash - I couldn’t not throw this into my everyday make up routine because it’s honestly the best mascara i’ve come across to date. I actually haven’t been using very it long at all, before this one I was using the ‘Benefit They’re Real’ mascara which is also very good I just personally prefer ‘Roller Lash’. As mentioned when talking about winged liner, I don't have the best lashes and mascara’s don't ever really make much of a difference to them which is sad because I looooove long lashes! This is the only mascara I’ve found so far that manages to give them a slight curl and some volume and the brush is very small making it easier for application.




Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade I can’t help but use this pomade every day because it’s just the best product i’ve ever found for brows and I love the finish of this so much more to powders. Now and again i’ll use my trusty Tanya Burr brows palette but since using this pomade for the first time I struggle to pick up anything else for my brows! When I first got this I was a little worried about how easy it would be to use but its honestly so simple, it goes on so easily and blends out really well. You can use a light hand for a more natural brow or build it up. I use a mac 266 brush and it works perfectly. 




Mac Give Me Sun Bronzer - This was the first high end bronzer I ever purchased and its an old favourite! Its just the perfect bronzer for warming up your face and giving you that sun-kissed glow everyone desires! I do switch up my bronzers now and again through the week and sometimes go for the bronzer in one of my Tanya Burr palettes and I can’t help but sometimes use a bit of NARS Laguna my favourite bronzer of all time. 




Sleek Face Form Palette and Sleek Solstice Highlight Palette - Now yes I am one of them girls who loves highlight, I think most of us make up lovers do! For me, the most satisfying part of doing my make up is applying my highlight and then staring at my cheekbones in my mirror thinking ‘oooo that glow’, I think my boyfriend is bored of hearing ‘look at my highlight’ and having to stare at my cheekbones. Sleek make up is by far one of my favourite drugstore brands. Their make up is such good quality for the price! The face form palette is now a must in my collection because it offers three incredible products in one and they all work amazingly. On work days I only really use the highlight and sometimes use the blush but the contour is a perfect shade and I regularly use this on weekends. The Solstice Palette is one of the best make up products I've ever purchased, the highlighters are amazing and the pigmentation of them is crazy.









This sums up my every day make up products and I find they all work really well for me, plus the majority of them are affordable which is a bonus! I'm always on the hunt for new products and love hearing about other people's make up favourites so do leave recommendations if you have any!

Imogen xxx




No comments

Post a Comment

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig