Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette - Surreal Light


Ooooops another make up splurge but how could I resist such a dreamy product?! I had been dying to try Hourglass for the longest time mainly for their Ambient Lighting Powders as I had heard great things about these for setting your full face of make up and this new Limited Edition Palette definitely swayed me to finally make an order! 


Of course i'm going to mention the packaging because its a gorgeous marble effect and I haven't seen any other make up product with a similar look. Its beauttttttiful and completely luxurious!







The Palette contains five different powders:


Surreal Light - This is described as a sheer nude which is perfect for setting your full face of make up. This powder gives your face the most gorgeous, healthy glow. I have honestly found a new love for Hourglass powders through this particular shade, I haven't come across an all over face powder quiet like this. 


Surreal Bronze Light - A neutral, tan shade bronzer. The shade is definitely designed to give your face a natural, tanned glow and this is exactly what it does.


Surreal Glow - A neutral pink blush. This blush added a flattering flush of colour to my cheeks, this will definitely be a blush I continue to reach for... its stunning and perfect for everyday wear.


Surreal Effect - A more intense pink bush. This blush is a stronger pink shade which looks perfect for that extra pop of colour.


Surreal Strobe Light - A peachy, neutral highlight. This highlight definitely showed on my cheekbones however it wasn't too intense, it was the perfect amount of glow. 







My overall thoughts on this product were extremely good. The powders were very fine making them easy to apply but also had the right amount of pigmentation to make them look amazing. The product is more on the expensive side at £69 but I would say its worth the money for the quality and the fact it contains five powders all with a different use together in one compact. Also the shades are all brand new from Hourglass so you won't already own any of these! Im certainly not disappointed with my choice to buy this palette it was everything I expected from my first Hourglass purchase and more! 


Let me know your favourite Hourglass products if you have tried any.... I'm dying to try more from this brand!


Imogen xxx

No comments

Post a Comment

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig