Youtubers/Bloggers Made Me Buy It


So when make up is your passion and you see beauty bloggers/youtubers raving about products its only natural that you're intrigued to try them. I've made a good amount of purchases based on recommendations in the past and this can be a little dangerous when you're addicted to buying make up and trying out new products however I've loved so many of them so I thought I would share with you a few things that I either loved or didn't work so well for me.

Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette

It was Youtubers and Bloggers that first introduced me to the brand Too Faced and obviously the first product I purchased from them was the famous Chocolate Bar Palette. I frickin love this palette and I think its mainly for the quality of their shadows, they blend so effortlessly and never lack pigmentation. I reach for this palette regularly for everyday looks using the neutral shades however I do love Cherry Cordial (a deep cranberry) and Gilded Ganache (a deep olive green) for darker looks. My everyday look with this palette would be Salted Caramel through the crease along with Milk Chocolate and Semi Sweet to deepen and define the outer V and crease and then finishing with Marzipan all over the lid. Marzipan is hands down my favourite shade in the palette, its so gorgeous all over the lid and really pops which I looove. Oh and Champagne Truffle is a gorgeeeous highlight shade! I can't recommend this palette enough, I get so much use out of it and its for sure up there with my all time favourite palettes.

Morphe 350 Palette

I think its safe to say that this palette has been pretty popular among beauty gurus online and when I first started seeing this in make up tutorials I was convinced straight away that I needed it. I waited for what seemed like forever for this to come back in stock on Cult Beauty and when it finally did at the end of last year it was literally like all my dreams had come true... its crazy how happy an eyeshadow palette could make me... if you love make up and beauty i'm sure you feel me on this one! I mean its not like I don't have enough eyeshadow palettes but this one was extra special right?! haha. Honestly though for the price of £23.50 the quality is amaaaaazing. These eyeshadows have always been super pigmented and blended so nicely. If you're a warm eyeshadows type of girl this is your palette - the shades are a dreaaam and not only that there is also such a great amount of choice so you'll never be stuck for looks to create.

RCMA No Colour Powder

This is a new one to my collection but currently a strong favourite. I've seen so many people raving about this product for so long so when it came back in stock on Beauty Bay I couldn't not purchase it. I have used the Laura Mercier powder for the longest time but when I saw people were actually preferring a much more affordable product I needed to see if I could love this and save myself some pennies in the future. I have used this every single time I've done my make up since receiving this and it is honestly perfect. It does just what I need it to do and sets my make up in place without becoming cakey and adds absolutely no colour. This is just £12 which is amazing and you get so much product whereas the Laura Mercier one is £29 so you're definitely saving a good amount of money. If you're on the hunt for a good setting powder that will set your make up without adding any colour at all I can 100% recommend trying this.

Make Up Forever Ultra HD Stick Foundation

I saw this foundation absolutely everywhere on Youtube so of course I was curious to see what the all the hype was about. Youtuber's that I watch religiously with the same skin type as me were using this and I loved the way it made their skin look every time so I needed to try it. I don't tend to order foundations online because its almost guaranteed i'll get the wrong shade so I managed to get colour matched at the counter in Lakeside and as soon as the make up artist even tried it on me I had a feeling I was going to love this. She explained that it was a very dewy finish and I was even more sold as I have normal to dry skin and don't really like to go for matte foundations - I need as much glow as I can get! Since purchasing this it's now my go-to foundation and I always make sure I have a back up because I couldn't imagine not having this. It has such a flawless finish and is very, very dewy which is perfect for my skin type. The is definitely one of my favourite purchases I've made because of youtubers and bloggers.

Nyx Buttergloss

NYX was another brand I was introduced to through social media and this brand makes such high quality products for a really good price. I was so gutted when I found out there was no NYX counters near me so you can only imagine how excited I was when I went up to Leicester for the weekend to stumble across a counter! Lets just say I went a little NYX haul crazy. I'm a lipgloss looover so the first thing I went straight over to was the Butterglosses, I had seen these everywhere online with some of my all time fave youtubers using them in tutorials so obviously always trusting their opinions I had to purchase some and for the affordable price tag I was more than willing to try these out. I have never been disappointed with these, they glide on the lips effortlessly and are super comfortable to wear. I find I do have to reapply throughout the day which i'm completely okay with as when eating your lip colour will fade. My favourite shades are Creme Brûlée and Fortune Cookie being the nude lip obsessed girl I am.

Anastasia Beverly Hills Glow Kit - That Glow

Anastasia Beverly Hills glow kits quickly became super popular and as soon as I saw them I knew I needed to try them. I absolutely love highlighters and its probably my favourite part of my make up routine so I always want to try out new ones. When this first arrived I was so impressed with the size of the palette.. they are honestly huge which is perfect as you are definitely getting a good amount of product for the price. These highlighters glide onto the skin so smoothly but are super pigmented giving you that glow we all desire. I nearly always use a mixture of Sunburst with either Dripping In Gold or Bubbly for my highlight. I use the Golden Bronze shade with my bronzer to add a glowing warmth for days when I want a more glowing bronzer over matte. I love the Golden Bronze shade for summer.

Make Up Revolution Lip Kits

When I first saw these lip kits around on youtube and blogs I was super excited as at this point I hadn't yet tried the Kylie Cosmetic Lip Kits but had always wanted to. I purchased quite a few shades as I loved Make Up Revolution so I had really high hopes for them and absolutely loved the range of shades they had brought out. The lip liners are amazing, they are so creamy and glide onto the lips without dragging them harshly. Unfortunately however I was not a fan of the liquid lipsticks. The shades I purchased were absolutely gorgeous and I especially loved the nudes however the formula I found was far too sticky and didn't dry down completely matte. I found that because of their formula they were super uncomfortable on the lips, which was extremely disappointing as I really wanted to love them.

Have you purchased anything based on Youtuber's/Bloggers reviews?


Imogen xxx



No comments

Post a Comment

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig